Are you a Linux junkie that takes on the most intense aspects of solving problems in unique ways? Data Foundry is seeking a dynamic senior level Linux Administrator that can help us design, test and launch new product offerings in Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, imaginative, innovative, easy to work with, and energized by the thought of learning, deploying and testing new cutting edge technologies. This position is a technical role that requires the ability to do everything from install new systems to participating in product design as well as support existing IT infrastructure. The position is primarily a Linux administrator position, but you must be willing to expand your knowledge of Microsoft products as well.
- Play a key technical role in facilitating various technical and business initiatives
- Install and maintain hardware/software solutions that are being reviewed as potential product offerings
- Recommend new infrastructure deployments
- Deploy, manage and maintain all aspects the internal Linux infrastructure
- Plan upgrades, maintenances and outages for Linux systems
- Perform maintenance of Linux infrastructure
- General support the Linux IT environment
- Day-to-day supporting of internal customers and support staff as it relates to the Linux\Unix systems
- Perform hardware and software testing
- Monitor and track capacity for Linux systems
- Learn and support Microsoft products
- Project responsibilities as assigned
- On-call responsibilities
Nice to have experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an Linux focused IT role
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Advanced knowledge of Fedora, Centos, Solaris, MySQL, Postfix, Sendmail, DHCP, Bind, LDAP, etc.
- Understanding of networking technology fundamentals
- Understands concepts of E-mail, clustering and databases
- Experience with network storage, NAS, SAN, etc.
- Experience using interpreted languages (BASH/Python/PERL/etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Possess the energy and desire to deliver high-quality work quickly, both individually and in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be well spoken and have a helpful, positive attitude
- Able to work in an environment with multiple responsibilities
- Associates degree or higher in computer engineering related field
- Experience with software and/or hardware load balancing
- Experience with backup technologies
- Experience with Window administration
- Experience with Virtualization
- Experience with Networking concepts
- Experience with Database administration
- Experience with data center environments
- Experience with application and network monitoring
- Red Hat certifications
- VMware or Hyper-V certifications
- Microsoft certifications
Data Foundry, Inc. provides comprehensive wholesale and retail data center outsourcing, colocation, and disaster recovery services. The company provides its customers with secure premium facilities for servers and equipment, emergency workspace and carrier-neutral network accessibility, supported by experienced onsite technicians and customer support 24/7/365. The company supports more than 1,000 enterprise customers across a variety of industries including energy, health care and financial services. Founded in 1994, Data Foundry, Inc. was the first Internet Service Provider in San Antonio and one of the first 50 Internet Service Providers in the United States. Today, Data Foundry, Inc. operates data centers in Austin and Houston and owns private networks in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.
Data Foundry, Inc. - 13 months ago
Data Foundry, founded in 1994, was the first Internet Service Provider in San Antonio and one of the first 50 Internet Service Providers in...