The individual in this position will join the team in an exciting, fast paced environment focused around providing the highest level of conference room usability for today’s devices. This individual will be responsible for designing the future of our conference rooms and A/V systems for ESPN. This position will also require the oversight of the A/V support specialists as well as contracted integrators.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
Position will be responsible for the design and continual improvement to ESPN’s conference rooms. This design includes user experience, A/V rack, back-end infrastructure such as Video Conferencing technologies, and working with facilities on physical room design. This position will also be responsible for managing the support specialists and vendor partners.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT, or similar industries.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work with clients to collect and document needs. Should also have the ability to negotiate requirements with set standards.
• Must have the background in creative technical solution providing.
• Must have the ability and history to develop core request, support, and maintenance processes in a technical enterprise environment.
• Must be self-motivated and driven to provide results and take conference room technologies to the bleeding edge.
• Must have people management skills to provide day to day direction to both A/V support vendor as well as our partners for integration/installation work.
• Must have shown the ability to innovate new solutions through planning, design, and deployment phases.
• Must have strong project management skills with the capability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Has in-depth knowledge of process management, process streamlining, and process organization tools as well as a fundamental understanding of ITIL best practices.
• Must have a track record of taking on and learning new technologies and then accelerating their growth.
• Crestron programming experience preferred.
• Direct experience in implementing Cisco Unified Communications integration with video preferred.
• Capabilty of determining architectural/interior design considerations, structural/mechanical considerations, electrical requirements, lighting requirements, IT requirements and recommend acoustical criteria preferred.
• Capabilty of creating AV design drafts to include room desing layouts, and infrastructure drawings preferred.
• Experience in installing AV systems including pulling cable, installing racks, audio systems calibration, and full testing preferred.
• Ability to integrate Cisco TelePresence solution with Cisco Unified Communication, including designing a dial plan and call control and routing preferred.
• Experience with Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS), TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) and Media Services Engine (MSE) preferred.
• Experience with securing an VCS Expressway integrated with Cisco Unified Communications preferred.
• CTS (CTS-D) certification is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 6 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest port...