Posting Details (Default Section)
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Number of Openings
001117 - Sales & Mktg.-Structures
Open Date of Recruitment Period:
Close Date of Recruitment Period:
Open Until Filled
Summary of Job Content:
As Chief Marketing Officer ( CMO ) working in conjunction with the President and senior management team, incumbent will identify key programs / applications, which leverage HITCO core competencies and allocate the resources required to capture these “must win” programs. In addition, incumbent will lead the evaluation of new business opportunities and develop strategies to grow the composite structures business in Commercial Aerospace and Defense sectors. Successful incumbent should possess: an established network and reliable contacts with prime contractors, i.e., Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus etc.; a Masters level degree in Business coupled with a technical undergraduate degree, or a Master’s level degree in Structures or Materials Engineering; a minimum of 15 years Aerospace experience — including significant international business; and an in-depth knowledge of the Composites Industry. In addition, the incumbent must have the ability to visualize products and parts information from customer input and present solutions to complex projects.
• Headcount – 5 internal direct reports and external representation / trading companies (up to 10 full time equivalent headcount) in executing worldwide New Business Development efforts.
• Sales – Marketing, Strategic Planning & Program Development to meet revenue targets, projected to reach $300 Million per year by 2015.
- Identification of specific targets / platforms and “must win” programs.
- Establishment of capture strategies and implementation plans.
• Areas of responsibility – Member of BU AS Management Committee with primary responsibility for Commercial activities.
- Penetration of new and / or existing markets (segments & regions) for Composite Structures.
- Target minimum life of program revenues for new composite structures applications / customers = $50 Million (over 10-year period).
- Development and maintenance of relationships with strategic customers.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring sales of all HITCO Product Lines are maximized and conducted in accordance with company policies.
- Management of Capture Integrated Product Teams ( IPT ).
• Complexity – Responsibility for Product / Market Strategy Development & Execution designed to meet SGL Group and HITCO financial objectives.
- Identification, analysis and acquisition of competencies required to attain strategic objectives for the product sectors.
- Global name face recognition and respect of customer and middle management across various segments / regions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Executive member of the HITCO Management Committee responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Company. Responsibilities include strategy formulation, development and execution of Top Level objectives for the Business Unit and assuring sound financial performance.
2. Develop and refine a robust business strategy for the Aerostructures and Materials Product Sectors that is designed to maximize the value of the business, while meeting or exceeding SGL Group Operating Profit (OP) and Cash Generation metrics.
3. Provide leadership within the Pricing Committee on pricing of new and follow-on business opportunities. Member of senior leadership pricing development team. Develop and maintain pricing databases on competition and metrics to support competitive bidding.
4. Negotiate Long Term Agreements (LTAs) / Terms & Conditions for new program wins.
5. Prepare annual / multi-year sales & business plans for the company.
6. Ensure on time delivery of proposals to the customers and executive management.
7. Lead organization comprised of five (5) internal direct reports and external representation / trading companies (up to 10 full time equivalent headcount) in executing worldwide New Business Development efforts.
8. Conduct analyses of market trends and required competencies to align with HITCO direction / investment in future capabilities and technologies.
9. Develop and maintain business relationships with critical decision-makers / opinion leaders at customers; within the industry; and with key Governmental agencies that affect the business.
10. Develop and articulate the External Communications message for the business — including but not limited to: press releases, print advertisements, trade journal articles, participation in trade associations etc. — which supports and reflects SGL Group priorities.
1. Excellent facilitation skills to present technical, marketing and other materials related to developments on a global scale.
2. Superior verbal communication skills in addressing various audiences (one-on-one or group settings) regarding materials and complex projects to reinforce BU AS reputation as a world class supplier.
3. Proficiency in preparing varied written correspondence, including: proposal letters, project plans, presentations to senior management, trade journal articles, press releases, white papers and letters to Governmental agencies.
4. Capability to develop and maintain working relationships with external and internal customers.
This expands to encompass a globally recognized network of relationships with Tier I and prime contractor (Boeing, Northrop, Airbus, Lockheed, etc.) level customers to represent HITCO products.
5. Feasibility to interact with our customers at the technical / engineering level.
6. Graduate Degree in Business coupled with a technical undergraduate degree and / or equivalent experience in aerospace structures with a degree(s) in manufacturing, materials or mechanical engineering.
7. Develop and approve print advertisements / brochures, which articulate external communications message for the business.
8. A composites background is an absolute must with demonstrated knowledge, language, technical and business related aspects.
9. 15 years of aerospace industry experience.
10. Familiarity with Advanced Quality methodologies to core manufacturing operations preferred ( ISO 9000/9001, etc.)
11. Ease of working with MS office applications — particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Must have proficiency in ability to compile information / conduct market research using computers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Frequent global travel is required for this position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described her are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical office work space, onsite customer locations with predictable, and sometimes unpredictable environments, various types of customer interface in a variety of settings including but not limited to indoors, outdoor, warehouse type environments, etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
HITCO hits the heights with its complex carbon-based composites. A subsidiary of SGL CARBON, the company specializes in the manufacture of...