Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) is searching for a full-time General Surgeon to independently manage and provide a full range of surgical services to patients of all ages with a wide range of traumas, injuries, and illnesses. Typical work week is Monday - Friday, 7:30a - 4:30p, with 1:4 call as needed by staffing.
IACH is currently a 44-bed inpatient hospital with over 25 outpatient clinics. We service a patient population of about 63,000 Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members and Retirees in the area. In 2009 the Department of Defense approved IACH for the funding for a new $404 million, 550,000 square foot facility. It will be completed in 2013. This new hospital will be increased to a 52-bed facility, which will include an 8-bed, inpatient psychiatric unit. IACH is located at Fort Riley, which is nestled in the rolling, Flint Hills of Kansas, between the communities of Junction City and Manhattan. Manhattan is home to a major, Division One college, Kansas State University. Within a short, two hour drive are the major cities of Wichita and Kansas City, located to the south and east, respectively.
- Comprehensive health, dental, optical and life insurance plans
- 3-tiered Retirement program
- Thrift Savings Plan (401K) - Governemnt will match up to 5% of base salary
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - Government's version of a Pension Plan
- Social Security
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holiday
- Annual CMEs
- NO malpractice insurance
- MD or DO
- Graduate of an accredited General Surgery residency program
- Current, unrestricted license (any state)
- Board Certified/Eligible
- ACLS and BLS Certified
- US Citizen
Questions regarding this position should be directed to IACHCareers@amedd.army.mil .