Work closely with vendors, clients or internally with employees. Work in the AP, AR, GL, PR, BL or the JC modules of the Timberline Accounting system, SinglePoint, SharePoint and work in DocuWare extensively.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
OTHER AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Set up vendors, clients, accounts and/or jobs.
- Scan, index, stamp and file within DocuWare.
- Verify accuracy of documents pertaining to accounting component assigned .
- Post, reconcile and adjust accounts for accounting duties assigned.
- Use various forms of documents to correspond professionally with vendors, clients, co-workers and governing agencies.
- Responsibly handle company funds.
- Cross-train others and be cross-trained in other components of accounting.
- Accurately report tax information.
- Heavy Excel usage.
- Perform required tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Train new and existing employees on proper accounting functions and form completion.
- Comply with rules and policies of the company.
- Assist other accounting personnel as priorities and deadlines dictate or allow.
- Ability to relieve Receptionist for breaks as needed.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Determine and prioritize daily workload.
- Use discretion in giving out information to visitors, telephone callers and personnel.
- Question and/or correct errors in grammar, spelling and content of typed materials.
- Absolute confidentiality of clients, projects, payroll and financial data.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principals.
- 3 -5 years of accounting/financial work experience or training relevant to job duties.
- Demonstrates behavior that implies high level of trust.
- Demonstrated 10 key abilities.
- Demonstrated typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Timberline and DocuWare. Intermediate to Expert level for Excel.
- Ability to organize work to meet time requirements and ensure productive use of available working hours.
- Punctual, neat and accurate work habits, accurate detail work, good organizational skills.
Experience working with clients or governmental agencies that utilized MNDot billing requirements.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing, Inc. - 2 years ago