Charlotte School of Law is seeking multiple qualified Bar Passage Lecturers to join the faculty and the Academic Services team as key members in the campus community. The faculty, staff, and students rely on our Bar Passage Lecturers to provide assistance to a growing number of students. The Bar Passage Lecturers are experts in promoting students’ success on the Bar Exam and in contributing to the growth of the institution. Bar Passage Lecturers hold faculty status within the School of Law. The position is not a tenure-track position and does not carry faculty voting privileges, but it is eligible for long-term contract status upon meeting the necessary conditions.
The school is a member of The InfiLaw System , a consortium of independent law schools committed to making legal education more responsive to the realities of new career dynamics. Its mission is to establish student-centered, American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law schools in underserved markets that graduate students with practice-ready skills, and achieve true diversity programs aimed at student academic and career success.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Counsel and advise students regarding bar admissions protocol and bar exam preparation.
Prepare and present various Bar Preparation workshops
- Teach in a Bar studies course, incorporating jurisdiction specific material to an appropriate extent.
- Teach courses related to bar and other professional preparation, including, but not limited to, Carolinas Distinctions, MBE Strategies, and Problems in Professional Responsibility.
- Perform other academic support functions essential to promoting students’ success in law school and the success and growth of the institution.
- Assist in the maintenance of statistical information on CSL students and graduates.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Bar Preparation budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend the North Carolina and South Carolina Bar Exams (to an appropriate extent)
- Juris Doctor Degree from an approved ABA accredited law school .
- Prior Academic Success, Bar Exam preparation or teaching experience preferred .
- Must be highly motivated and possess initiative and drive.
- Must have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Experience in higher education, academic, or legal environment highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required due to high level interaction with students, faculty and the underserved.
- A strong commitment to Charlotte Law’s mission pillars of student centeredness, practice ready and serving the underserved.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Charlotte School of Law offers a full benefits package . For more information about Charlotte School of Law, please visit www.charlottelaw.edu .
If helping others and working in a dynamic workplace is what you feel passionate about and you are looking for a new challenge and a chance to put your experience to work in an innovative environment – Charlotte School of Law may be the place for you.
Please click the Apply button to complete your application for this position.
Charlotte School of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The InfiLaw System - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -