The Business Delivery Analyst (BDA) role is responsible for working with the business owners to gather and translate business and/or technical needs in to relevant deliverables for assigned projects. Assists in developing comprehensive performance and delivery of IT solutions on behalf of the supported business function(s) spanning support, enhancements, projects, and roadmaps. Aides IT Business Delivery Leads with project delivery (Scope, Budget, Time, and Quality) and ongoing system performance. The BDA is responsible for establishing consensus among stakeholders and/or project team members in relationship to assigned deliverables. The BDA provides leadership and a collaborative approach to integrating the stakeholder needs with the project activities and facilitating communication across the project and IT service teams involved in solution development related activities. May assist with the tracking, management, and optimization budget across projects/enhancements/support areas.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Intensely Business Focused
- Assists in the gathering, analysis, documentation, and validation of business and / or technical needs using interviews, workshops, modeling techniques.
- Takes measures to understands and define functional business requirements.
- Documents business and / or technical needs using textual, and visual, modeling deliverables designed to help Save-A-Lot meet strategic objectives, in accordance with the Save-A-Lot methodology.
- Participates in groups representing significant diversity in interest and level of leadership, to a common understanding of a solution.
- Develops understanding and usage new IT tools along with ways of using toolset
- Identifies, manages, and tracks business and technical objectives throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Supports day-to-day business interaction and business expectations in relationship to assigned deliverables, with the guidance of functional manager, project manager, and mentor.
- Works with senior team members/mentors for guidance and information related to project and process execution efforts.
- Performs the gathering, analysis, documentation, and validation of business and / or technical needs using interviews, workshops, modeling techniques.
- Assist with determination of scope and business requirements for changes in their business area.
- Contributes and facilitates small groups of individuals, representing significant diversity in interest and level of leadership, to a common understanding of a solution.
- Drives use and understanding for new IT tools along with ways of using toolset
- Supports business process design efforts
- Assists in advocating for the business customer, and assists with managing customer expectations to include facilitating reoccurring business area service review and work pipeline meetings.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies and trends in assigned business area(s)
- Assists with monitoring/managing a ‘program’ of projects by providing oversight, dependency milestone visibility, issue escalation, resource planning, status gathering, and other project related activity.
- Coordinates project or initiative tasks with relevant team members, stakeholders and leadership.
- Manages day-to-day business interaction and business expectations in relationship to assigned deliverables, with the guidance of functional manager, project manager, and mentor.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of assigned business functional domains and retail industry trends, reviewing identified best practice research related to assigned business domains.
- Establishes relationships with business stakeholders, subject matter experts, functional domain leadership, and other IT disciplines and service teams.
- Demonstrates working experience with assigned functional domains, and their integrations with other functional domains
- Builds relationships with business leaders, extended team members, and other stakeholders across the functional domains.
- Manages, resolves and escalates, as appropriate, issues to ensure high quality deliverables
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Consults with subject matter experts and project team members to identify potential business and technology solutions.
- Teach others on domains, requirements, tools and capabilities
- Fosters team building and self-driven skill development through active participation in appropriate training, mentoring, and certification programs.
- Consults with subject matter experts and project team members to identify and document potential business and technology solutions,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a discipline related to assigned business area
- 3+ years relevant work experience preferred.
- Preferred work experience in IT, retail or supply chain organizations.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing business needs and leverage technology in support of the needs
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates basic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate basic facilitation skills with the ability to drive toward common solutions.
- Demonstrate basic interviewing, listening, and observational skills used to identify and define business and technical needs.
- Demonstrate basic analytical and conceptual skills used to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, while reconciling discrepancies.
- Demonstrate basic analytical modeling skills (models that clearly and easily communicate concepts to customers).
- Demonstrates effective IT system and business function documentation skills.
Get your foot in 1,200+ doors. Our growth is your opportunity (make that opportunities—we have lots of them!). We need people who can grow along with us, who are ready to step up and be a leader. Will you be one of them?
- Some travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
A training ground for leaders:
We operate over 1,200 stores and we’re growing every day (we plan on doubling that number in the next five years!). Our success means yours—we need leaders to help us expand and make customers smile at their savings across the country.
Find out why we’re one of the nation’s leading discount grocery stores and how your growth can match ours at www.save-a-lot.com/careers
Moran Foods (dba Save-A-Lot, Ltd.) is growing a lot because its customers don't have to pay a lot. The extreme-value grocery chain...