Reporting to the Head Football Coach and the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Sport Administration, the Head Athletic Trainer serves as the primary trainer for the football program, and manages and oversees all aspects of the athletic training program for 24 intercollegiate sports. The Head Athletic Trainer also oversees the athletic training program for the cheer and dance teams. The Head Athletic Trainer also performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Coordination of the care, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries with regard to the football program.
Maintenance of the EOH training room operation and oversight of all satellite training rooms.
Management and administration of the overall sports medicine budget to ensure that all medical needs of the department are met within the allocated resources.
Maintenance of records relating to medical information for all current and past student-athletes.
Procurement and maintenance of all training room equipment and supplies .
Responsible for ensuring that all regulations are followed with respect to the privacy of student medical records.
Oversight of student-athlete insurance issues, and ensures that all student-athletes are properly insured.
Responsibility for ensuring that all NCAA and University rules are followed and for ensuring the welfare of each student-athlete.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree, certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association and a minimum of eight years of related experience is required; Demonstrated experience as an Athletic Trainer at the Collegiate Level with football oversight. Demonstrated experience providing preventive care and rehabilitation services. Demonstrated experience supervising the physical conditioning, weight-training, and weight and dietary programs of student-athletes. Demonstrated experience working with health care providers. NATA certification and PA state licensed or eligible .An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain proper inventory control of supplies and assist in ordering supplies and preparing budget expenditures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel with athletic teams to away games and to transport injured student-athletes to other facilities for treatment .
- Ability to maintain the athletic training room, modalities and equipment .
- Ability to file individual and team records regarding the type of injury, treatment and physical examination received by the student-athlete.
- Computer skills, including demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
Temple University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard