Maintenance Business Unit Leader - Sandy Springs, SC
Statement of Function :
This role is focused on leading maintenance and electrical expertise for various types of production equipment.
General Requirements :
- Lead a team of salaried maintenance techncians, mechanics and electicians on rotating crews to achieve the shop goals in saftey, quality, and production. Team consists of 40-60 personnel.
- Lead department in implementation of standardized Michelin maintenance practices.
- Project Management: Writing project justifications and technical specifications, leading project teams, selecting vendors, acquiring parts, scheduling installations, and training personnel.
- Maximizing the up-time of production equipment through problem definition, root cause analysis, preventative/predictive maintenance management, spare parts optimization, etc.
- Mechanical Maintenance Duties: Hands-on role including shutdown planning and direct involvement in shutdown project work. Must be experienced with preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Carry out common engineering and management duties: blueprint reading and creation, documentation, environmental practices.
Professional Experience :
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have 5 plus years of manufacturing experience
- Mechanical/Electrical ability with a very strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must have supervisory experience. Will be responsible for a large sector shop with mechanical and electrical skilled trades.
Experience with equipment reliability management, project management and automation.
Additional Skills :
Michelin is an equal opportunity employer
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience with good PM practices
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication skills
- Must be able to perform/lead in a team enviroment
Planes, trains, and automobiles rely on Michelin North America's tires to make their rounds. So do airplanes; bicycles; motorcycles;...