As financial analyst you will gain broad exposure to financial and program metrics while assisting the Department in completing its daily duties and projects focused on making the agency a center of excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reporting for MCFI and its affiliates.
- Develop annual program budgets and monitor actual performance against budget
- Perform month-end financial statement variance analysis
- Report results to management and assist with additional requests for information as needed
- Assist with preparation and review of audit schedules
- Assist with preparation of 990 tax reporting schedules
- Work with program managers to improve understanding of programs’ financial performance.
- Prepare program models and forecasts as needed
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop tools to allow ongoing monitoring of the KPIs
- Meet with program managers on a regular basis to discuss financial performance and receive updates on factors affecting the business
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as requested to meet department needs and obligations.
Position requires a college degree with a major in accounting, 3 to 5 years of related experience, and CPA license, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, which will provide the following necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Effectively communicates and organizes data clearly and concisely for presentation purposes
- Engages constructively in cross-functional work groups to reach a desired outcome or work product
- Performs work with a high degree of accuracy
- Prioritizes duties and functions effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Works independently, following clear direction
- Ability to operate under Agency and departmental procedures and guidelines
- MBA degree
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with Great Plains software
- Maintains a high energy level that is focused on completing departmental and agency goals in a professional and timely manner
- Possesses the desire to learn and grow within the position, enhancing skill and competency to a higher level
- Ability to effectively cope and respond to deadlines
Milwaukee Center For Independence - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard