Requisition ID: 62898
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 25697
- Location: Cameron, LA
Position Duties/Responsibilities (This section describes in more detail the functions of this specific position. Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
1. Supervises assigned personnel in the orderly performance and completion of project procurement commitments through the several steps of bidding, evaluation, and award, in accordance with established policies and procurement procedures.
2. Supervises assigned personnel in the Procurement administration functions of identified project purchases to ensure, in conjunction with other functional departments, performance of each order in accordance with the contracted terms and conditions and project requirements.
3. Conducts personnel annual reviews. Recommends to designated manager salary actions, classification changes, terminations, and transfers.
4. Indoctrinates newly assigned Purchasing personnel to the requirements and procedures of the global business unit, project, and client. Monitors personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training and development to satisfy job performance criteria and company personnel development objectives.
5. Supervises preparation and maintenance of project bidder lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups.
6. Reviews bid tabulations for accuracy, bidder recommendation, completeness, and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. Ensures all commitments made by subordinate personnel are accurately presented and have proper global business unit approval and signing authorities, as contained in the Procurement Procedures. Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher Procurement approval authority. Executes commitments within delegated signing authority.
7. Communicates with Engineering and Construction supervision to assist, guide, and plan the processing of material requisitions for all project purchases.
8. Develops and coordinates with designated manager the Purchasing personnel staffing plan so that staff are added and released in an orderly manner, in accordance with the project workload.
9. Develops, monitors, and maintains project master Purchasing pro-forma documents, including legal comments to commercial terms and conditions.
10. Directs negotiations and prepares proposed negotiating plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of purchases when such action is agreed as necessary by the designated manager.
Assures that project purchasing of equipment and materials is consistent with Bechtel Directives, Management Instructions, and Procurement Procedures.
12. Coordinates Purchasing operations in both the project’s control office and support offices to assure compliance with project requirements. In conjunction with the global business unit Field Procurement Manager, provides functional guidance to Purchasing personnel at the project jobsite.
Position Skills (This section further defines the position by listing key skills and experience. Proficiency levels range from lowest to highest: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert
Experience, skill, or training in the function of supervising workload distribution and execution of the work, as well as personnel interviewing, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling when delegated, training, terminations, and transfers.
Skilled in working with and communicating effectively with supervisors of other project functional groups, primarily Field Engineering, Accounting, Construction, Project Management, and other services.
Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of purchase orders through the several steps of bidder prequalification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, award, monitoring the performance of suppliers and buyers, backcharge procedures, resolution of claims and disputes, and other such related steps.
Proficiency in oral and written communication.
Advanced knowledge of all procurement operations related to Field Procurement activities at multiple locations.
Advanced knowledge of applicable Bechtel Policies, Instructions and Procurement Procedures and Guidelines.
Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of Bechtel Procurement System (BPS), including Purchasing, Expediting, Traffic & Logistics and Inventory Modules.
Prior field experience on large Direct Hire Projects.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...