Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Summary:
Why Work For Journeys?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
Responsibilities of Assistant Store Manager Includes:
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Provide a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting, training, and developing a successful sales team
- Evaluate the training needs of store employees and communicate those to the Store Manager
- Recognize talented staff and help develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
- Assist Store Manager with weekly staffing schedules
- Help ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations in Store Manager’s absence
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew in Store Manager’s absence
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store in Store Manager’s absence
- Identify and report unacceptable work performance and disciplinary problems to Store Manager
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team
Assistant Store Manager
Requirements for Assistant Store Manager :
- Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
- 6 – 12 months retail sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Journeys - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports...