ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for hardware and software provisioning for all private line circuits in the telephone network including Voice Grade Service, Digital Data Service, High Capacity Service, Foreign Exchange Service, Off-Premises Extension Service and Frame Relay
- Design and provision telecommunications special circuits (300 to 3000 Hz voice grade, 2.4, 4.8, 9.6 or 56 kbps digital data service, DS0, DS1, and DS3) for customer-driven circuit requests between the central office and customer premises, other point to point or multipoint using engineering guidelines
- Prepare and distribute circuit diagrams indicating cable pairs assignments, multiplexer and carrier port assignments, T1 format, line encoding, channel mileage in kilofeet and cable loss.
- Coordinate special circuit orders with field and interdepartmental personnel to ensure accuracy and on-time completion
- Order appropriate equipment and manage stock levels to support designs and associated specifications for private line and DSL services
- Develop practices and procedures for circuit installation and maintenance
- Migrate existing circuits from current platform to equivalent operation in a Hybrid Fiber Coax environment
- Manage the special circuit inventory database and prepare reports for distribution.
- Monitor reports as necessary and make recommendations for procedural changes to improve productivity and reliability
- Provide timely and quality service to business customers and site support personnel.
- Complete miscellaneous engineering tasks including switch programming under the direction of the CO Engineer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or other technical field or equivalent years of experience
- Technical background in telephony or data communications systems
- Working knowledge of central office and transmission equipment including special circuits channel cards, CSU/DSU, channel banks, DACS, DSX crossconnects, M13 multiplexer operation, DS1 and DS3 operation and SONET transmission
- Working knowledge of digital principles such as analog and digital signals, bipolar transmission, DS1 signal formats, T1 and HDSL span lines, T1 and HDSL line encoding and SONET technology
- Working knowledge of outside plant components including VF transmission; copper cable and sheath counts; cable pair and transmission characteristics; load coils and frequency response; MDF and protectors; demarcation considerations; cable resistance and attenuation; line impedance, power and noise
- Familiarity with test acceptance criteria for T-1, T-3 and OC-N
- Knowledgeable in special circuit design principles; experience with provisioning, turning up and testing circuits
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communications skills
- High degree of computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint and Project
Wireless Innovation provides solutions for CCTV backhaul via both wireless and satellite, wireless backup links for existing fibre and...