If you're looking for an opportunity that makes you feel appreciated every day, we invite you to join us. As a charitable organization, the American Red Cross depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. We are currently seeking a professional, innovative and enthusiastic Executive Director/Account Manager for our Northwest Arkansas Chapter.
The Executive Director has responsibility to strengthen and grow the donor base and the development program to meet assigned financial goals among Northwest Arkansas donors and assigned key corporate donors. The Executive Director will drive a strong revenue-oriented culture based on market-driven targets. He/she will plan, manage and implement fund development strategies for the Chapter, Region and assigned corporate accounts. He/she functions in a highly visible, externally facing role and will represent the organization in cultivating donors with the greatest capacity and managing leadership volunteers. The Executive Director reports to the Regional Chapter Executive.
1. Develops and executes annual and multi-year development strategies for the Chapter Region and Organization's fundraising. Is the face of the Red Cross in Northwest Arkansas. (85% of time)
2. Serves as the donor relationship manager for representatives of large corporations and foundations for solicitation, cultivation, stewardship and collaboration purposes in Northwest Arkansas.
3. Accountable for achieving or exceeding Chapter's fundraising target ($1,000,000 in the current fiscal year), and Corporate fundraising target ($5,000,000 in the current fiscal year)
4. Maintains his/her own portfolio of assigned major donors and prospects, and personally makes solicitations each week.
5. Serves as the primary representative to the Board of Directors.
6. Orients new Board members to their fundraising responsibilities and ensures that they receive the support they need to be successful volunteer fundraisers.
7. Develops and implements a written plan for identifying, educating, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors across the Chapter.
8. Leads focused growth in major gifts area; works directly with top major gift prospects, in coordination with the Regional CEO and Regional CDO.
9. Collaborates with Region and Division development staff to identify and maximize fundraising opportunities.
10. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the Chapter management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
11. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Regular and significant contact with current and prospective donors, Board Members, the Region and Division Development team. Regular and significant contact with Region department heads whose support and cooperation is needed for program success.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of fundraising leadership experience and 3 years of supervisory experience.
Demonstrated, successful and sustained experience with Fortune 500 account management.
Proactive development leader with an established track record of increasing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies. Experience in the development and implementation of a broad-based fundraising program including personally opening doors, cultivation, and successfully closing major gifts. Significant expertise with the Northwest Arkansas and Region's funding community highly desirable.
• Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
• Work requires professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to simultaneously manage several projects and motivate team under tight deadlines. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raisers Edge, Salesforce).
• A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
This position requires frequent travel within the Chapter and occasional travel within the Region and Division.
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...