Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Center Valley, PA - The Olympus Fellow will be developed as a talented business professional by receiving education, training, and hands-on experience across Olympus business units and functions. The incumbent will be immersed in practical training with functional subject matter experts and business leaders who will provide both mentoring and guidance throughout the program. This program is designed as a two-year rotation with four to six-month assignments in a specific business and/or corporate function; these areas include: Medical Systems, Scientific Equipment, Consumer Imaging, and Corporate Services. At the conclusion of the two-year program, the incumbent will be able to apply for any open position as determined by position availability, and as directed by executive management and the incumbent's interest and career aspirations. EOE M/F/D/V
Please see requirements and locations according to major in the Qualifications section below.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
The Rotational Plan allows for a wide view of the organization and business groups and shows the Fellow how each business/corporate function supports the overall company goals and strategies.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
* A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required (The program limited to undergraduate and graduate degrees only).
* Must graduate during the current academic year (December 2012 – June 2013).
* Majors to be Considered:
-Accounting - Center Valley, PA
-Business - Center Valley, PA
-Computer Science - Center Valley, PA
-Economics - Center Valley, PA
-Engineering - Southborough, MA, with potential rotations throughout US
-Finance Center Valley, PA
-Info. Sciences or Technology - Center Valley, PA
-Marketing - Must be bi-lingual, Spanish and English, with potential rotations in Center Valley, PA, and Miami, FL
-Math Center Valley, PA
-Supply Chain Management - Center Valley, PA
* Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
* Proven academic excellence and a passion for continued learning is essential.
* Must be comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis and take a creative, yet pragmatic, approach to problem solving while maintaining quality.
* The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, to work collaboratively, and to influence others are essential.
* Must have strong computer skills.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day