This position exists to ensure that the the organization IS Testing Lifecycle is applied to Clinical Information Systems and projects. Supports and applies ITIL release management principles. Coordinates the design, development, implementation, monitoring and auditing of testing and validation plans and strategies for Information Systems and related projects to ensure that customer needs are met while maintaining industry and organizational compliance and quality standards. Assess with vendors, application and technical support personnel and customers the key functionality and validation criteria for system readiness and release into the production environment. Intermediate level: Assigned to moderate sized projects. Supports major projects as assigned. Incumbent knows and applies clinical workflow knowledge as well as the fundamental concepts and practices for testing Clinical information systems. Incumbent performs work that is varied and somewhat difficult. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires post secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Requires clinical work experience in a discipline such as Nursing, Pharmacy.
Respiratory care, etc.
- Requires working knowledge o
- d Cerner or similar clinical information systems.
Requires knowledge and skills typically gained through 1-3 years of experience in information systems.
- Requires experience in developing detailed specifications for testing risk management and/or quality assurance.
- Requires experience in developing and executing detailed test plans and test scripts.
- Requires project management skills.
- Requires understanding of healthcare and clinical workflow processes.
- Requires understanding of information system logic and/or information technology Environments.
- Requires initiative and good business judgment.
- Requires understanding of testing management principles and best practices.
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills.
- Requires ability to take direction and perform within expectations.
- Requires experience in effective interaction with application, technology and vendor teams.
- Requires ability to work within established framework with minimal supervision.
- Requires ability to read and comprehend written instructions and specifications.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Requires ability to work as an effective team member.
Indiana University Health - 23 months ago