Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Provide a safe and secure environment for customers and for company property and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and reports any and all gaming violations and/or thefts of company property.
- Operates monitor room equipment, including basic computer functions.
- Participates in court actions relating to gaming violations.
- Learns and uses two card count system.
- Learns all games in use and all procedures and cheating indicators of such games.
- Writes proper reports as needed in a timely manner.
- Responds to surveillance supervision and gaming control requests.
- Responds to requests of all other departments when necessary.
- Dispatches shuttle drivers and security officers based on business and guest needs.
- Monitors Security entrance and issues vendor/visitor badges according to policy.
- Answers and directs incoming guest calls in a professional manner.
- Issues sensitive and non-sensitive keys located in Security key boxes according to internal and state regulations.
- Completes surveillance reviews including written reports and review of recorded footage in response to managements request.
- Must be knowledgeable of all special events and promotional activities available to guests.
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Must work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
- Adhere to all departments/company policies and procedures.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must qualify for licensing with the New Mexico Racing & Gaming Commissions.
- Must qualify for certification through NMAST.
- Ability to work varying schedule to include: all shifts, all days and holidays
- Ability to observe and identify suspected cheaters and cheating techniques; must have 20/20 corrected vision
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- High School diploma or G.E.D required.
- One to three months previous security or surveillance experience preferred.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and computer functions
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposure to unrestricted second-hand smoke in guest areas.
- Must be able to sit, be in areas with low lighting, and view T.V. monitors for periods longer of at least 8 hours at a time.
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 2 years ago
Zia Park Casino offers a variety of entertainment options including 750 of the hottest slots, the newest electronic table games, casual and...