Our Chicago office is looking to add a Civil Highway Engineer to their team. Responsibilities for this role include:
Training and Experience · BS or MS in a civil/highway engineering discipline is required.
- Responsible for performing transportation planning, engineering and design.
- Provide supervision, technical direction, and mentoring to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Function as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts and techniques.
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Maintain effective communication with project team members and with clients.
- Active participation in professional engineering societies and those specific to civil/highway engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in using MicroStation, GeoPak and office production software to perform engineering tasks.
- Aid in the development and management of a business development/marketing tactical plan for the civil/highway organization to grow market share with existing local client base.
Other Essential Functions Other Requirements Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
- At least 10 years of civil/highway design engineering experience required.
- Previous Transportation Planning and engineering experience with ISTHA, IDOT and CDOT preferred.
- PE registration is required.
- Familiarity with MicroStation and GeoPak is required.
- Demonstrated experience with preparation of plans, specification and estimates to state and local standards is required.
- Experience in leading and successfully completing civil/highway engineering tasks such as geometric design, site grading, site drainage, maintenance of traffic, phasing/staging, construction specifications, erosion control, etc. is required.
- Previous work experience with Illinois DOT, Chicago DOT, Illinois Tollway and County projects (studies and design) is preferred.
Amount of Travel Work At Home Documents Title Type Description Category Last Updated By Last Updated Usage Update Delete No results found.
Jacobs - 18 months ago
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...