Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Contribute to the administration of a variety of legally mandated, legally regulated, or voluntary employee benefits programs. Document or revise plan documentation. Complete legally required reporting. Respond to employee questions regarding enrollment, claims, and interpretations of program design features. Prepare utilization reports or analyses for management or for regulatory agencies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer selected benefits programs by maintaining documentation, tracking employee utilization, and preparing reports on utilization.
- Communicate benefits to employees through various media including on-line, print, in person at orientation, benefits fairs and open enrollment, and individually. Discuss enrollment, eligibility, levels of coverage, and the like.
- Assists employees with enrollment in benefits and provide input to or oversight of enrollment and beneficiary information.
- May administer a voluntary corporate benefit such as educational or family-friendly benefit by communicating to employees or tracking and documenting utilization.
- May communicate with vendor(s) of underwritten benefits regarding employee enrollment and utilization data. Compile utilization data for reporting purposes or to prepare for meetings with vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Working knowledge in a variety of areas such as STD/LTD/FMLA/OSHA/Workers' Compensation
- Ability to partner with other human resources colleagues, payroll, legal and external vendors to resolve complex employee issues and effectively administer programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to comfortably interact with associates at all levels of the organization
- Experience preparing communication, training and resource material for employee and internal partners' reference
- Ability to use reporting tools for integrated reporting and data extraction; along with the ability to analyze and reconcile data
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employee benefits laws and other regulatory issues.
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and communication skills - strong attention to detail, analytical and possesses a proven results orientation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and human resources information systems as they relate to employee benefit plan administration
- Maintenance for securing confidential data is essential
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 2 years ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...