Central Service Technician, Full Time
Requisition Number: 6345
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4pm occasional weekends Location Name: University of Utah Hospital
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: UUH ANC 37A CNTRL SRVCS
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
This position is responsible for sterilizing, receiving, distributing, and maintaining the inventory of patient care supplies and equipment and maintaining the specialty carts.
This position is not responsible for providing care to patients.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization and distribution to departments, labs and clinics.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment and checks biologicals.
- Maintains inventory; orders and stocks supplies.
- Manages department requests for Central Service supplies and schedules and tracks equipment use.
- Documents patient charges for equipment use and cart supplies.
- Ensures that safety inspections, calibrations and preventive maintenance are completed prior to scheduled expiration dates.
- Assists in training new employees and Central Service Aides.
- Use computers to log and track equipment.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment processing sterilization techniques.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills.
- Up to two years experience as a Central Processing Technician or equivalency
- Successful completion of the IAHCSMM Technician Training course or equivalency
University of Utah Health - 10 months ago