PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assists in the development and implements computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and other technical system applications. Installs, troubleshoots, and provides ongoing application support in production environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Participates on project teams to support application development and customization. Assists in defining application requirements and specifications. Communicates needs and requests received from end users. Develops and executes test plans.
2.Creates group specific customizations to support engineering standards, implement requests received from end users, and improve application usability and performance. May modify applications to correct or debug errors. Notifies the application development group of application changes.
3.Tests functionality of new and updated applications and provides feedback regarding performance. Makes recommendations for changes, enhancements, and improvements.
4.Coordinates pilot teams to test application functionality. Collects feedback from pilot teams regarding application usage and functionality. Creates requirements documentation and communicates it to development group.
5.Creates training documentation, labs, and notes. Conducts training classes as needed. On occasion, addresses engineering groups on a technical subject or presents a demonstration of new system functionality and options.
6.Installs and upgrades computer client and server applications. Performs tests to confirm functionality of applications. Troubleshoots malfunctions on hardware and software to keep new and existing systems operational.
7.Provides ongoing applications support in production environment within predetermined and agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLA's). Monitors and responds to client inquiries received through helpdesk incidents concerning application problems. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems. Takes personal ownership for problems-follows through to ensure that solutions meet needs. Escalates and communicates unresolved or re-occurring problems to the application development group for root cause analysis.
8.Act as a general knowledge resource for peers. Provide assistance to peers working in the same specialty area as well as handling issues outside of the area of specialty. Provides technical mentoring to less senior team members
9.Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
10.Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED: *Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
PREFERRED: *Master Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years Experience in CAD/CAM application support and development environment
- Advanced experience in CAD/CAM applications
SKILLS & ABILITIES:REQUIRED:
- 7+ years Experience in CAD/CAM application development/support environment
- Experience in CAD software development and training
- Expertise in Siemens NX
- Expertise in Creo Elements/Direct suite of applications
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Experience in delivering software training
- Working knowledge of CNC programming languages, experience in CAM software customization and post-processor development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations
- Good verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Good problem solving ability utilizing systematic approach and analytical tools
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and handle frequent interruptions
- Ability to work across functional areas to achieve group goals
- Must be a self starter and team player
- Ability to work second and third shift and weekends as required
- Domestic and international travel as necessary
- May be required to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to respond to user problems with a sense of urgency
- Strong understanding of engineering product development process
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- LISP programming skills
- Java programming skills
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM applications
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...