West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting application for a part-time, less than 1000 hours per year, Night Circulation Assistant.
The Night Circulation Assistant works primarily at the Library’s Circulation Desk, handling Library loan transactions, providing directional guidance, and supervising student assistants. Work is primarily scheduled for late evening hours (8:00pm – midnight from Sunday through Thursday). Appointment to this position is for twenty-five hours a week during the nine-month regular academic year.
1. Use established Library procedures to conduct circulation transactions, including book loans, fine payments, reserve reading distribution, etc.
2. Provide direction to Library patrons, including assistance in locating items and in using Library equipment. Explain Library policies and procedures as appropriate.
3. Be familiar with electronic resources in the library, and able to guide students to appropriate materials for their research.
4. Oversee the Café Libros during evening hours.
5. Perform closing procedures for the Library building at scheduled times.
6. Supervise student assistants at the Circulation Desk as well as the Cafe Libros when necessary.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Circulation Supervisor
1. Excellent speaking and communication skills.
2. Experience with library and/or computer work preferred.
3. Reliability, responsibility, flexibility, and patience are key.
Anyone interest in the position should send a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for two references, by February 22, 2013, to the following.
West Virginia Wesleyan College - 23 months ago