Sirius XM Radio is America's satellite radio company. SiriusXM broadcasts more than 135 channels of commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, talk, comedy, entertainment, traffic and weather to 22.9 million subscribers. We are one of the world's largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and we are among the largest subscription media companies in the United States. SiriusXM broadcasts to subscribers everywhere they want to listen on more than 800 devices for cars, boats, the home or office, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SiriusXM offers an impressive array of content that spans virtually all genres and interests, including Howard Stern , Martha Stewart , Oprah Winfrey , Dr. Laura , Jamie Foxx , Opie & Anthony , Bob Edwards , Chris "Mad Dog" Russo , Jimmy Buffett , Elvis , Eminem , The Grateful Dead , B.B. King , Pearl Jam , Willie Nelson , Frank Sinatra , and Tom Petty . SiriusXM is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL , Major League Baseball ®, NASCAR ®, NBA , NHL ®, and PGA TOUR ® and offers major college sports.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products are available through shop.siriusxm.com and at retail locations nationwide. SiriusXM programming is also available at siriusxm.com/whatson , and on Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch , BlackBerry and Android -powered smartphones using the SiriusXM Internet Radio App.
SiriusXM provides premium real-time video, traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through Sirius Backseat TV ™, Sirius Travel Link , XM NavTraffic ®, Sirius Traffic ™, XM Nav Weather ™, and Sirius Marine ™.
SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees .
The Sr. Manager, SMS Integration is responsible for delivering Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) functional solutions in the areas of application integration and workflow to the technical design and development organizations. This position works closely with the Business Users and IT Staff to propose and create functional designs for high complexity projects and maintenance efforts. This position leads design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions that leverage the Company’s investments in Oracle BRM, Computer Associates IdentityMinder, and SOA Middleware with a focus on availability, scalability and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses the ability to work with the Business Users to clearly identify requirements, providing sound planning and technical leadership.
- Translate business and user requirements into accurate system requirements specification documents through systems and data analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the business processes in their area of responsibility and can work with the Business to define requirements that will drive efficiencies in the business taking into account the entire picture as well as the details.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application systems in their area of responsibility and can identify, evaluate and define impacts of changes, provide alternatives both to the application changing and all upstream and downstream systems, or identify if a change is a manual process taking into account the entire picture as well as the details. Generally assigned to Enterprise cross-functional and cross-departmental projects with high complexity and cross-system impacts.
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge to conceptualize, document and communicate innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Supporting detailed project estimates and project work plans.
- Able to effectively communicate with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and across other technology team boundaries
- Follows documentation and development standards.
- Interacts regularly with Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Developers, Application Support, Enterprise Test, Operations, and Senior Management.
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in working sessions with cross-functional resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 plus years of SOA experience and 7 - 10 plus years of Function or System Analysis experience
- Senior SOA Development and Design experience
- Experience with leading a small team of System Analysts and Application Developers in a fast paced environment.
- Experience designing in a fully integrated, highly available, application environment
- Experience with working with extensive application frameworks
- Working Knowledge of UML, SQL, JMS, XML, Oracle. Java knowledge preferred.
- Experience with multiple functional areas including billing, service, and finance required
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenario.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of the system development life cycle and can train others on SDLC concepts
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, create deliverables and delegate to others as well as monitor their work for completion
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed applications required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are required.
- Must have ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible positive attitude.
- Applicants have the ability to extract and understand business requirements at a Technology Solution Level and ability to design a functional solution to meet the business need
- Applicants are Technical Expert in area(s) of expertise and focus. Generally they have a Development, but that is not required, and Analysis background
- This is a technically focused track and generally seen as a progression from a Development or Analyst role
- Ability to challenge users, business analysts and others, to achieve appropriate and desired solution for the business
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Creative writing ability
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice
You might say radio programming from this company comes from a higher plane. SIRIUS XM Radio operates satellite radio systems under the...