The primary purpose of this position is to provide instruction for students enrolled in oral communication classes.This is a one year temporary position with the possibility for two additional years
Scope of Responsibilities:
* The candidate is expected to develop appropriate assessment procedures for improvement of learning and to address techniques of informal and formal patterns of effective speech
.* Additional courses in acting, play production, and/or theater can be had depending on background and qualifications.
* The candidate is expected to participate in the production of one or two plays each year.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions are as follows:
- Conduct classes in oral communications,
- Develop assessment procedures for oral communications classes,
- Develop course objectives, outlines, and performance expectations of students,
- Maintain prescribed classroom teaching assignments and office hours,
- Serve on departmental and/or university committees.
Masters Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 18 hours in public speaking, acting, oral communication, and/or theater production.
World Education Network
- 9 months ago - save job