Become a team member on the Corporate IT Server Management Group providing support to our IT partners and customers. We provide across the board services from provisioning to architecture with the goal of being a service provider to the business. This position will be more focused on providing hardware and operating system support to our very large compute environment hardware engineering
Responsibilities for the position include - Server provisioning (UNIX/Solaris/Windows/ESX/Virtualization) - Hardware setup, configuration and deployment along with firmware upgrades - Troubleshooting hardware and OS issues, opening cases with OEM's, and providing root cause analysis - Support of the patching process - Be a part of an oncall rotation providing 24x7 support - Creating, maintaining and documenting processes and procedures within our team - Collaborate with other teams on approved IT projects
Candidate should have 5-8 years of server administration experience in large enterprise deployments.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a high capacity compute grid environment
- Redhat Linux or SUSE Linux and System Administration
- Hardware experience using and configuring either HP c7000 Blade System and/or Cisco UCS servers a must
- Experience with HP SIM, VCEM, Virtual Connect, Flex-Fabric
- Veritas Storage Foundation, VCS or opensource storage experience a plus
- Scripting experience is a must
- VMWare, vSphere ESX 4.x or higher (other virtualization technology) experience is a plus.
Preferred: Bachelor's, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Qualcomm - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...