Under the supervision of the Executive Housekeeper, this position is responsible for performing janitorial duties in remote camps on the North Slope.
- Alaska driver’s license with clean DMV report
- Prior experience as a janitor
- Prior remote site experience
- Clean hallways, stairways, offices, food preparation and break areas, kitchen areas and equipment, laundry rooms, living areas, work areas, off-site areas, common areas, restrooms, public areas, and other similar areas
- Dust both low and high areas and wipe down/clean various surfaces
- Sweep, mop, scrubs, strip, extract, wax, buff, vacuum, etc. all types of floors
- Removes and transports and compacts trash to the appropriate disposal areas
- Change light bulbs and perform light facility maintenance
- Keep building entryways free of snow and debris
- Operate a vehicle to work at remote locations
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to Excellence : Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values : Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security : Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service : Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork : Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a team
- Well organized reliable and responsible
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client/customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and/or willing to learn
Full time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance (medical/dental/vision), life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability through AFLAC. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and e xposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. T he majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. There is a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to Doyon Shareholders and shareholders of other corporations that grant a similar preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations. The preference applies in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training. A preference will be granted to qualified Doyon shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other corporations which grant a similar reciprocal preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations.
Doyon Government Group
- 2 years ago - save job