On-call Job Coach to provide one-on-one job & skills training to clients with disabilities. Experience working with persons with a variety of disabling conditions required as well as a High School diploma or equivalent. Reliable transportation, valid California drivers license and proof of California insurance required.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION TITLE: Job Coach/Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: The Job Coach/Trainer will conduct on-the-job training in the naturally occurring environment, or other community based locations. Work assignments will be based on the needs of the program, and the client.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(1) Monitor and teach work related skills and behaviors, such as appropriate communication, on-task behavior, grooming, and appropriate social interactions.
- Perform one-on-one training with the clients.
- Using a variety of teaching strategies, help the clients learn particular tasks.
- May conduct a Task Analysis, arranging all tasks into sequential, teachable components.
- In a work setting:
(2) Identify employer or consumer concerns and try to resolve potential problems without intruding on the Employer/Supervisor relationship.
(3) Ensure that tasks are completed according to the Standards established for that task.
- May conduct travel training and/or site duties to maintain a clients' job (e.g. purchase clothing, equipment, personal schedule).
- In ILS training: provide training in skill(s) identified in the client's Training Plan, based on assessments done by the Coordinator or Manager.
- Provide the clients with Satisfaction Surveys on a regular basis to be determined by the individual's Plan.
- Represent the Agency in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to travel to consumers' worksites. Most travel is within a 30-mile radius of the Corporate Office.
- Report regularly to the Supervisor on the clients' progress.
- Complete and submit all required reporting forms, including hours worked in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement appropriate Fading Strategies.
- May participate in staffing with the Referral Counselor, or other Professionals providing Services to clients.
- Adhere to Company Policies.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT: This depends wholly on the setting in which the training is to take place. Each has a variety of factors that should be acknowledged, including variable noise and dust levels, varying temperatures, lighting, and ground surfaces.
- Experience in working with persons with Developmental Disabilities. Additional experience in working with persons with Mental Illness, and/or Head Injuries is preferred.
- Knowledge of Behavior Modification and Techniques.
- Have the ability to conduct a Task Analysis.
- Have the ability to develop appropriate Teaching Aids, and suggest Accommodations or Assisting Devices when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of Independent Living Skills, and/or Competitive Work Standards, with employer perspectives and expectations.
- Willingness and ability to train a variety of skills in varied environments, with different physical demands.
- Patience, reliability, problem solving ability, as well as diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule. On occasion, it may be necessary to work on a weekend, or in the evening.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of individuals.
- Access to your own transportation.
- Have a valid California Drivers License, a clean DMV Report, and California Auto Insurance.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This depends on the training site, and skills being trained. You will be standing, sitting, bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, and stretching. You must have visual capabilities. Vehicle travel is required.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Workforce Development, and/or the Workforce Development Coordinator/Supervisor.