Printpack, Inc is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Pre-Press Manager . The position is located in Rhinelander, WI and will report to the Plant Manager. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience in our business, strong technical skills in Flexo Printing, experience with flexible printing ink systems and plate materials, new plate technologies, prior managerial/supervisory experience, and a college degree in a related field is preferred.
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Ink and Plate Departments at established standards for production, waste, quality and safety. This position will also be responsible for helping set long-term goals for the departments in order to meet business goals of the plant. The position will be an active member of the Plant Leadership Team for overall strategic leadership and direction of the plant.
Some of the responsibilities for this position include the following:
· Oversee plate and ink production to maximize plant efficiencies, provide technical support to the Press Department to ensure that plant metrics are achieved and customer expectations are met
· Control operating costs and budget
· Improve upon existing procedures and standards, or initiate new ones, to maximize production and quality, and minimize waste, without jeopardizing safety.
· Ensure plant safety policies and procedures are followed
· Provide leadership to department leads and associates, ensure all company and local policies and practices are followed in a consistent, timely, and accurate manner
· Provide appropriate feedback to facilitate the professional and personal development of all direct reports, address performance issues in an appropriate manner, ensure effective performance reviews to all associates in both departments
· Support the teamwork of all internal departments working effectively together to achieve external customer satisfaction
· Actively drive plant initiatives and programs (Values Based Safety, 5S, QCO and Engagement)
This position requires strong skills in the areas of:
· Motivating Others
· Providing Direction
· Concern for Excellence
· Strategic Perspective
· Commercial Orientation
· Customer Service Orientation
· Technical Skill and Competence
· Attracting and Developing Talent