Assist in the implementation and administration of Kohl's compensation programs. Collects, analyzes and prepares written reports to summarize internal and external compensation data in support of competitive benchmarking. This position provides analysis and support for base pay, incentive programs, and performance appraisal processes for all Kohl's associates.
Advise business partners on compensation best practices
Conduct research and analysis
- Provide recommendations on pay decisions regarding new hire offers, promotions, wage adjustments, and transfers as well as interpretation of compensation policies/guidelines.
- Educate business partners on compensation practices and regulatory requirements (minimum wage, FLSA guidelines, etc.)
- Act as subject matter expert for HR on all Compensation based programs
Miscellaneous projects/cycle work
- Ensure compensation pay plans are in compliance with federal/state wage and hour regulations.
- Audit existing and new positions to determine level and grade within the organization. Eensure compliance with regulations, including FLSA and Kohl's policies and procedures.
- Provide calibration and ad hoc reports to business partners.
- Conduct research on company best pratices and new inititaives Kohl's may be taking on.
- Make recommendations to improve compensation processes and workflow to increase dept efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide quarterly Bonus and PPI Projections to Business Unit Finance and if necessary, work with the appropriate teams to pay out both incentives to all eligible Associates.
- Prepare all new store documents for OSA and Field Management Partners (i.e. AHR Budgets, Management Budgets, AHR Recaps, EPR, REEC Analysis, etc.)
- Assist in the administration of the various annual performance review processes (non-exempt and exempt) and analyze data to ensure compliance with budgetary and performance distribution guidelines.
- Analyze industry and local market surveys in support of competitive benchmarking efforts as well as recommend pay range adjustments to management teams.
- Analyze equity, in conjunction with Mercer, amongst all Associates on a semi annual basis.
- Support the implementation and execution of compensation initiatives, including coordinating assigned projects throughout the year.
- Understanding of Compensation principles including job evaluation, documentation, performance appraisals, and benchmarking.
- Excellent analytical and statistical aptitude.
- Detail orientated with problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain large quantities of highly sensitive and confidential data.
- 3+ years of Compensation and/or Human Resources experience.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with multiple priorities.
- Ability to negotiate with different levels in the organization.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PeopleSoft HRIS system.
- Compensation Certified Professional.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
WorldatWork - 13 months ago