Director of Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Marketing CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: VP of Sales & Marketing DIVISION: Sales
The Director of Marketing works together with management to execute the marketing strategy . They are responsible for developing the strategy as well as execution. The ir success will be measured by the achievem ent of revenue and gross profit contribution targets associated with specific marketing strategies. The Director of Marketing will coach and work hands on with the members of the marketing department to help them meet their individual goals to support the overall marketing strategy .
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan and coordinate activities with outside marketing consultants as needed to accomplish the plan
- Define and implement specific vertical marketing strategies
- Manage the Optus product and service portfolio to best determine not only our offering but also how to package the product portfolio to grow specific market segments
- Work with executive management to determine pricing strategies
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts and joint marketing funds (co-op programs)
- Take ownership of the Optus website including content development, key word buy strategies and use of e-commerce to support our marketing strategy
- Establish and maintain customer engagement plans which may include customer newsletters and social media marketing strategies
- Establish and monitor the entire sales campaign process to generate market demand through identifying targets, producing support materials and defining requirements for Goldmine campaign management tools, locating qualified leads and measuring the return on investment of these activities
- Oversee the development of sales and marketing materials as it relates to both graphic design and technical writing/content development
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Manage the established processes in the marketing department to ensure compliance
- Provide coaching, direction and accountability to the team
- Work in conjunction with HR on recruitment activities
- Identify individual training needs for each team member and develop plans to address
- Facilitate team meetings to communicate strategy, objectives, priorities and tactics to ensure the team’s goals and results are consistent with company direct ion
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Work with employees to m aintain a safe work environment
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems.
- Must be available for opening and closing of facility in order to support the operations as needed.
- Models appropriate behavior in regards to Optus’ Core Values and Code of Ethics p olicies and supports Optus’ team approach to q uality to driv e O ptus forward.
Direct supervision over --- Marketing Department
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Marketing or a related field required or equivalent experience ; Masters degree preferred
- 5 to 10 ye ars marketing experience in the communications industry required
- E xperience in Microsoft Word , Excel , PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Must be familiar with MAC graphic design tools
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and able to demonstrate excellent customer service
- S trong technical writing experience required
- Strong verbal communication skills, a keen attention to detail and great organizational and administrative skills
- Must be able to show strong leadership abilities and a history of leadership in a team-oriented work environment
Limited travel required. Ability to read, write, and communicate both orally and written to external and internal customers and employees. Normal vision and normal hearing with or without correction. Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs., periodically, throughout workday. Ability to stand, walk , climb stairs, sit in one place, squat and kneel continuously throughout day. Ability to reach, bend , and twist continuously throughout day. Ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions. Ability to use hands for gripping and squeezing, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motions. Ability to work together effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer to include veterans and persons with disabilities.”
Monster - 15 months ago