The Sales Associate / Cashier contributes to the mission of Goodwill in a retail store by maximizing efficiency, store appearance, customer and associate satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist customers in locating and/or selecting merchandise.
* Process customer sale transactions by ringing sales on a multi-key cash register and/or POS Computer System, collecting the payment, making change, bagging the merchandise and thanking the customer for shopping at Goodwill.
* Merchandise quality items on sales floor to maximize profits that are used to fund Goodwill's mission-based programs.
* Accurately conduct sales transactions and maintain cash and credit card contorl by following proper procedures regarding voids, refunds, checks, credit cards, etc.
* Give excellent customer service and remain calm and professional under stressful situations.
* Use math skills including adding, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentages.
* Promptly greet all customers with a friendly smile and acknowledge their presence in your "target zone".
* Maintain the sales floor and inventory in a clean, neat and properly displyed manner.
* Maintain a professional appearance at all times, adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
* Immediately reports all incidents of theft (both internal and external) to a management team member.
This is a Part-Time Position working mostly evenings and weekends.
Goodwill Viriginia Retail Jobs - 18 months ago