This Person will write embedded code in a team environment which includes research, design, debug, and test for next generation network management software systems while contributing to the existing product line.
- Design, implement, debug, and test embedded software for switch fabric provisioning
- Work closely with hardware design team.
- Work closely with the quality assurance group for testing.
- Responsible for creating written documentation for his/her own software development.
- Develop feature enhancements and provide development support for existing product lines.
- Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet multiple product release cycles.
- Development in C/C++ with experience in Linux user space.
- Experience implementing TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS and SNMP in embedded systems.
- Programming for embedded systems in Linux (Ubuntu), PowerPC/ARM/MIPS kernels.
- Prefer Layer 1-4 switching experience.
- Prefer transport layer and tunneling protocol experience such as MPLS, MAC-IN-MAC, or VLAN in VLAN
- Prefer experience with Gigabit, 10G, or 40G Ethernet
- Prefer experience writing daemon code and with Linux signaling.
- Prefer experience with Linux GNU tool chain (gcc, gdb, etc.
- Prefer experience with various microprocessors and prefer experience with Ethernet MAC/PHY's, switch fabric and network processors (NPU).
- BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience.
- 5+ years experience using formal software development processes. Strong software development skills using object-oriented design and coding techniques.
Grow beyond today’s technology - APCON is a pioneer in the field of flexible network switching technology. APCON products play a key role in ensuring that data networks across the globe remain secure and fully operational – around the clock, without fail – including those that support online banking, stock trades, shopping, video streams, media downloads, and more.
If you want to work at the forefront of technology, we invite you to learn more about APCON
Packet Aggregation Switching, Aggregation and Filtering, Network Monitoring Productivity Solutions, Enterprise Network Solutions, Data Center Solutions, Test Lab Automation
APCON - 7 months ago