The Business Development Manager is responsible for sales growth and new product introduction at OEMs that design and sell exciting technologies in the RF and Microwave industry. This position will focus primarily on growth in commercial markets including datacom, wireless and test and instrumentation.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw from a sales and engineering background to identify market trends and introduce new products. Primary territory consists of greater San Francisco Bay Area, although the BDM will be expected to travel as required to tie accounts together on a larger scale.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
1. Develop business in new accounts and new markets
2. Achieve sales and gross margin targets
3. Build and maintain a strong sales team consisting of outside sales reps and distributors
4. Implement a successful sales plan that results in faster than market growth and increases in market share
5. Address competitive threats, drive strategic decisions with partners, manage multiple high priority activities.
6. Coordinate with other functional departments to ensure effective execution on opportunities to maximize capture rate.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering from 4-year accredited university
2. 5-10 years proven track record in in the electronics industry working with OEM, distribution and value-added partners
3. Ability to interact at all levels within an account including design engineer, purchasing and program management
4. Ability to travel 4-5 days per week in territory or as required for aggressive sales growth
5. Ability to travel domestically and internationally 30%
Desired qualifications include:
1. Experience in the RF/Microwave industry
2. Strong technical aptitude and ‘driver’ mentality
3. Experience with Commercial OEMS in a customized sales solutions environment
The Business Development Manager will be supported with the resources needed to have an immediate impact on sales growth. The ideal candidate will have ample opportunity for upward mobility within SV Microwave and the Amphenol Corporation.
This position is to be based out of a home office in San Jose, CA. Competitive salary with performance based commission
Please send resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Monster - 8 months ago