Job Summary: The IT SQL Database Administrator will primarily be focused on installing, configuring, upgrading and managing multiple SQL Server environments.
- Database configuration
- Administration of database maintenance, backups statistics updates, software patch application, etc.
- Managing replication services
- Database design and architecture in support of all software application development
- Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues
- SQL Server skills including query development, DTS Package creation, replication and SQL Profiler.
- Develop strategies for data import/acquisition
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies for use in database systems
- Understanding and implementation of Microsoft SQL Server best practices within a highly available production environment
- MS SQL Server clustering and mirroring experience
- Experience supporting high availability systems
- Data warehouse and ETL experience
- Planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Working as part of a project team to coordinate development and determine project scope and limitations
- Database performance tuning
- Analyze, predict, and resolve database/software application issues
- Stored procedure development
- Review and recommend the purchase of associated database software tools and hardware
- Engage in continuous process improvements
- Stay fully abreast of trends and changing technologies as they relate to IT and database administration
- Shared rotation support for 24/7 operation
- Sybase experience a plus
- Test, perform and implement site failover between production and disaster recovery database environments
- Coordinate, test and implement database changes/releases to production upon requests from developers (schema, tables, index, stored procedure, etc.)
- Participate in on-call rotation
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to work flexible, sometimes odd, hours in support of production environment.
- Must be motivated and able to take ownership of projects
- Strong analytical, reasoning, organizational and project task management skills
• BS degree from an accredited college or related field and 3+ years of I/T experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a SQL database administrator in a production environment
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
• SDBA and/or MCSE certification desired
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is a plus
Physical Demands: Good oral and written communication skills. Strong customer relations/service skills. May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.