Candidate will be responsible for installing new machines or heavy equipment, dismantling and installing machines or heavy equipment when changes in the plant layout are required.
- Timely and accurate repair of all facilities, equipment and machinery.
- Troubleshooting, inspecting, diagnosing, adjusting, testing and cleaning all facility equipment and machinery.
- Training team members.
- Maintaining mechanical inventories and reporting part usage.
- Preventative maintenance and asset care.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records.
- Working closely with Instrument and Electrical Technicians.
- Actively participate in cross-functional work teams.
- Assemble, repair and maintain machinery (pumps, conveyors, valves, compressors, blowers, fans, mixers, turbines)
- Understand hydraulics and pneumatics,
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and equipment manuals.
- Operate machine shop equipment (lathes, drill presses)
- Sets, level, align, set clearance and balance rotating equipment.
- Maintain, repair and replace couplings, bearings, seals, packing, and gears.
- QA/QC procedures.
- Planning and laying out work.
- Interpreting blueprints or other specifications using a variety of hand tools and rigging.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent, vocational training/college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years relevant industrial maintenance experience in one or more of the following trades; Welder (stainless steel, TIG and MIG), Millwright, Pipefitter, Mechanic, or Rigger.
- NCCER Certificate preferred.
- Successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in all five of the above trades to become a fully qualified Mechanical Technician.
- Experience with SAP PM or other Preventative Maintenance computer system preferred.
- Must be able to communicate with supervisors and fellow employees.
- Must have troubleshooting skills to help supervision determine solutions to job site problems.
- Must be familiar with Federal safety/health procedures and will demonstrate support of them by compliance.
- Must follow set procedures and standards.
- Ability to recognize and report safety hazards.
- TWIC card preferred.
Pinnacle Services - 22 months ago