The Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Southbank is look for a service champion to assist in our restaurant, and banquet departments!
The purpose of this position is to provide a personalized, exceptional dining experience for our guests through friendly, attentive, and responsive service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make guests feel comfortable by providing a warm welcome.
- Provide a unique and personalized dining experience.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all guest requests.
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Dazzle guests with alcohol and menu knowledge.
- Assess guest preferences and make thoughtful recommendations.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, and other restaurant or hotel functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders and enter them in POS system, which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Perform running side work along with opening and closing duties throughout shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work and service area.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with their food, beverage, and service.
- Prepare final bill; present check to guest; accept payment; process credit card charges or make changes (if applicable).
- Teamwork – offer or ask to help fellow team members as situations arise.
- Thank guests by name (if a credit card is used) and invite them to return.
- Carry plates and/or trays.
- Have FUN!
- Fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Must be 18 years or older to serve alcohol
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a server in a high volume full-service restaurant
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and special events unless approved by manager
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to take direction while working quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of and adherence to all alcohol related laws
- A basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Basic math skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS system
- Ability to hand-carry a minimum of three (3) plates.
- Must be willing to have FUN.
Huntington Hotel Group - 23 months ago
Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private...