This position requires technical as well as leadership and management skills.
If you like fast paced environments, you are highly motivated and a self-starter, please keep reading…
As the Technical Support Leader in a fast-moving and dynamic team, that brings cutting-edge desktop virtualization software to market, you will lead the support team on its day to day activities and get it ready to face upcoming challenges. You will lead the Technical Support Team to excellence and provide the highest quality technical support for Virtual Bridges products and services. The position is based in Austin, Texas.
Position Primary Responsibilities
- Supervise Support team members, prioritize and manage their activities
- Demonstrate leadership and manage customer expectations in critical situations
- Provide the highest quality technical support to Virtual Bridges customers by answering phone calls, emails (Primary) consistent with departmental measures and expectations set with customers
- Pro-actively log all activities related to customer technical support including opening & tracking trouble tickets and time spent on each ticket
- Troubleshoot and perform initial diagnosis on the issues and collect sufficient information to provide to product development/test for further analysis
- Generate reports of customer activity and track time to respond and resolve issues
- Document common questions and establish a knowledge base over time that can be shared with other members and with partners
- Establish troubleshooting tips and develop tools that may be useful in diagnosis
- Interact closely with the product development team to understand details about the product and how to debug common issues
- Develop best practices and guidelines for technical support
- Develop and adhere to a methodical approach to customer support
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Management or Team leader experience required
- 3-4 years in customer facing role, able to manage customer relationship and expectations
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical customer support role for an enterprise software product
- Demonstrated experience working with customers in the US and abroad
- Advanced network setup and administration skills
- Expertise with various Linux operating system distributions like Ubuntu, CentOS, SLES, etc.
- Advanced system administration, scripting skills in Linux and Windows environments. Linux is required, Windows preferred
- Basic installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows desktop operating systems and Linux desktop and server operating systems
- Experience with desktop and/or server virtualization environments is highly desirable
- Comfortable installing applications and configuring the system environment in Windows XP and Windows 7
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Careful attention to detail and priorities is a MUST
- Very energetic, motivated, self-starter
- Be able to excel in a fast-paced startup environment
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with “Technical Support Leader” in the subject.
Virtual Bridges, Inc. - 17 months ago