Mortgage Loan Officer
PHH Mortgage provides outsourced, private-label mortgage solutions to clients nationwide who are leaders in their fields of business, including financial institutions, real estate companies, credit unions, corporations and government agencies. In 2011 alone, we closed nearly $52 billion in mortgage financing. The success of our outsourcing model has enabled PHH Mortgage to become one of the top 10 originators of retail residential mortgages in the United States. Our leading-edge platform, award-winning servicing capabilities and commitment to excellent customer service help our clients achieve greater success in today’s complex market.
The Loan Officer is responsible for managing the loan process once an application has been initiated. Moreover, you are the single point of contact for the client, private banker, and financial advisor. No outside solicitation is required; we originate for large financial institutions and our originations come directly from the clients of investment firms. You will set appropriate customer expectations to meet turnaround times on the receipt of the application package and loan conditions. Manage inbound and outbound communications with customers and third party stakeholders with the purpose of fostering and maintaining positive working relationships. Furthermore, meet and/or exceed production goals while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, and status reports, closing deadlines, and effectively manage a predetermined pipeline of loans.
Join the PHH Mortgage team if you are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The PHH atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our employees represent a broad range of experiences and perspectives. We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality customer service, driven to succeed, and focused on professional excellence.
- Full-time with Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary plus Incentive Commission Program
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm or 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- The Loan Officer position will report into our Chicago Office in Bannockburn, Illinois and will be assigned to our Morgan Stanley Private Banking Platinum Service Group
- All PHH Loan Officers are required to successfully pass federal and state licensing exams, which are company paid. Failure to do obtain federal and state licensing may result in termination.
- Responsible for managing the loan process once the application has been taken while being the single point of communication for the client, private banker and financial advisor.
- Translates and coordinates event logistics, such as investor loan requirements and scheduled events as they relate to home financing.
- Works with internal departments to meet to manage milestones in the process including title receipt, appraisal receipt, underwriting approval, and closing coordination.
- Assists the Customer by answering phone calls and e-mails, providing support, keeping track of issues and resolutions and using the system and support departments to resolve recurrent problems.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with third party stakeholders.
- Meet and/or exceed production goals set by management while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, and closing deadlines.
- Consistently maintains a predetermined registration to closing conversion percentage.
- Effectively manage a predetermined pipeline within a specified training period.
- Meet service results goals and complete daily tasks within predetermined expectations.
PHH is committed to attracting and retaining the best and the brightest and our comprehensive benefits programs are a major part of that commitment. From health and insurance coverage to financial planning programs and educational assistance, we’ve got what you need to meet many of your individual needs and goals:
- Healthcare and Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program