Linux Systems Administrator / Linux Support Engineer Investment Banking Market Data Systems CHICAGO $100k
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A US PASSPORT OR VALID WORK VISA FOR THE USA AND THE CORRECT SKILLS FOR THE POSITION
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago USA
Salary: Flexible based on experience (up to c$100,000 + bonus + bens)
Provide deep (level 2) technical troubleshooting for problems with investment banking real time data systems. Resolve 75% of technical questions yourself, liasing with specialist internal networking and development teams on the remainder. This is a highly technical position, requiring good analytical and problem solving skills; not just desktop or user support. Candidates are sought at intermediate to senior level and will be given training in real time market data systems and other applicable trading technology.
- Strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills.
- Good Linux knowledge including fluency in command line tools, system log files and scripting languages.
- Competent TCP/IP and linux networking knowledge.
- Understand real time system fundamentals and willing to learn detailed system architecture to assist with troubleshooting.
- Can-do attitude: essential. Ability to use the available info and work the problem - even if it's one you have not seen before: essential.
Good communication skills are essential. Role may involve a day time shift pattern
For more info please email CV. We acting as an employment agency in relation to this role and accept CV’s from all age groups and backgrounds. Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive, we are often only able to contact successful applications. We will however keep your CV on file in order to consider you for relevant opportunities. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the USA.