ManTech is seeking highly qualified Seniors Engineers with direct experience with technology-based concepts for improving the national strategic preparedness to natural or man-made threats, such as: Incident and Disaster Preparedness; Critical Infrastructure Protection; High Performance Building Resilience; and/or, Disaster Response. Experience with supportive technologies such as Emergency Planning Modeling and Simulation, Disaster Management Tools, First Responder Technology Research and Development, Surveillance Systems Engineer, and Large-Distributed Database Sharing, is desired. In addition, program management and systems engineering experience is highly desired. The successful candidate will have proven subject matter expertise (SME) in one or more of the domains mentioned above and knowledge of the most likely relevant natural or man-made threats. Serving as trusted technical security SME advisors to government, this position also requires in-depth knowledge the DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), their missions, operations, needs and cross-organizational interfaces.
- Assess the operational environment to understand customer requirements, identify technology gaps and assist in the development of innovative concepts and effective operational solutions
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in incident preparedness, critical infrastructure protection, disaster response and supportive technologies.
- Perform or monitor performer’s systems analysis of customer’s operational situation from mission needs and requirements through operational solutions to assist in formulation of a project plan.
- Develop or assist in the development of a project plan for acquiring/development of new technology-based solutions and transitioning the resultant technology to end-users.
- Support strategic planning for science and technology program portfolio development.
- Conduct or oversee research, development test & evaluations, demonstrations and prepared reports for senior level government officials.
- Provide technical inputs to relevant project documentation including: white papers, technology research planning roadmaps, briefings, and Requests for Information solicitations to industry capability gap analyses, trade studies, analyses of alternatives, operational requirements, and test plans.
- Monitor the technical, schedule and cost performance of the contract performer of the new technology-based solutions development, including test and evaluation of prototype system/product in partnership with customer representatives.
- Provide technical evaluation and independent assessments of submitted concepts at various stages of R&D phases and validate alignment to stakeholder needs, technical requirements, and cost feasibility based on level of operational impact.
- Support or monitor performer’s systems engineering activities through the systems life cycle.
- Assist in the development of entrance and exit criteria for key project milestone reviews and execute technical interchange meetings and formal reviews with technology development contractors to ensure full execution of contractual requirements.
- Provide technical direction of less experienced technical staff, if required.
· Must have, at minimum, BS/BA degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical field (MS or PhD degree is beneficial)
· 10-12 years of direct, relevant experience serving as an SME in Disaster Preparedness; Incident Management; Electric Grid Resilience; Flooding Mitigation; High Performance Building Resilience; and/or, other key resources and critical infrastructure and/or Disaster Response Overhead Imagery and Local-Area Geo-Location (where GPS minimal).
· 5 – 7 years program management and systems engineering/analysis experience with complex, advanced technology/next generation systems.
· Comprehensive knowledge of DHS Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), their missions, operations, needs and cross-organizational interfaces
· Experience working with NPPD/IP and/or FEMA is desired.
- PMI PMP, INCOSE CSEP, or DAWIA certification (Program Management or Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE)) strongly desired
Other Skills Required: Must be customer and mission focused, engaging in an open free exchange of ideas that challenge the status quo and seek better and more efficient ways of doing business, and working in a positive, professional and collaborative manner. Requires demonstrated effective leadership of diverse multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic, fast paced environment and an ability to quickly adapt and respond to changing priorities. The candidate may be expected to effectively represent project(s) status to senior government officials, congressional representatives, external stakeholders, and industry partners – strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite applications as well as automated toolsets required for effective management of project schedules/milestones, resource allocations, risks, and operational/technical requirements.
Clearance: Position requires a Secret clearance and a favorable Suitability Background Investigation; ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is required. A current DHS or DHS Component Suitability strongly desired.
Miscellaneous: These are contingent positions. Candidates must be willing to work in Washington DC.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience or Master’s degree (in an engineering discipline) and seven to nine years of experience.
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree
07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech Int'l Corp. - 14 months ago