General Summary: The Network Engineer Role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, and video and wireless network services. This is achieved by supporting the local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Acquisition & Deployment:
· Assist with design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, hubs, switches, firewall, and other hardware.
· Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
· Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
· Responsible for customer maintenance, emergencies and outages 24x7
· Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Participate in managing all network security solutions.
· Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Experience managing 24x7 multi site data networks
- CCNP, CCSP,CCIE and CISSP certifications desirable
- Must have deep technical knowledge and experience with F5 Accelerators, Cisco Nexus platform, Cisco routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco MSE and NCS wireless platform, Motorola Airwatch and Airdefense, VPN & meshed MPLS networks.
- Strong technical ability to troubleshoot and solve highly IP networks and hardware problems
- Security Compliance – PCI, PII, SOX and HIPPA regulations and standards
· Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation
· Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
· Excellent knowledge of telephone systems, including Avaya IP Office & 8700 PBX
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Bluecoat appliance
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
· Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Aéropostale, Inc. - 21 months ago
Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the...