As an integral member of a dynamic and innovative team, the Instructional Designer/Developer will play an active role in the continued development of a cutting-edge eLearning program.
Coordinate and develop a comprehensive training curriculum and development activities that encourage innovative use of technology for teaching and learning
Design and develop online courses to meet the national standards in distance learning established by Quality Matters (QM) and to meet ADA compliance
Provide expertise and support in applying instructional design methodologies to the development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses
Work collaboratively with faculty and students in the Instructional Design and Learning Technology Program to provide support and experiential learning opportunities for students
Produce instructional objects, including web sites, video, graphics, and interactive media elements using a variety of digital media editors such as Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, etc.
Provide effective consulting with clients, subject matter experts, and business and community partners to clarify training needs and recommend sound learning solutions.
Identify faculty instructional and pedagogical goals and assist with incorporating technology where appropriate, assist departments in planning distance and hybrid programs
Ability to plan, direct, implement, and evaluate courses delivered by technologically enhanced modalities
Stays current with the latest industry tools and trends in online education
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or related field; master’s degree preferred
• Three years professional experience in an institution of higher education or related field
• Education teaching and/or training experience in face-to-face, hybrid, and online contexts
• Strong, practical knowledge of adult learning theory and current instructional theories and principles applicable to web-based instruction
• Strong graphic design instincts demonstrating ingenuity around the creation of reusable objects
• High level of expertise with software that facilitates the design of instruction (storyboards, flow charts, assessments, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience of national standards for the delivery of online education, specifically in the areas of learning objectives creation and learning outcomes relationships
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Experience that demonstrates high degree of self-direction, initiative and motivation
• Analytical, methodical approach to work that demonstrates problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a strong focus on quality assurance
• Ability to work productively on multiple projects, while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to act with initiative, tact, and maturity with a primary focus on identifying and addressing clients’ needs with a high level of quality
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly convey training content in a manner that engages learners and improves learning retention rates
It is essential that the person serving in this capacity be proficient in all aspects of computer operation and software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database knowledge).
Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment as well as external business and community partners, representing his/her self in a professional and courteous manner; ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
Kentucky Community and Technical College System - 20 months ago