Review manufacturing processes to determine necessary improvements in methods, standards, cost reduction and product development. Apply recognized manufacturing and industrial engineering techniques to document, measure and improve both direct and indirect work methods. Instruct and coordinate recommended and approved change implementations with shop personnel to achieve goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Programs and maintains CNC equipment, as well as component drawing files for manufacturing plant production.
• Work with Mastercam programming on jobs going through the shop
• Work with Mastercam, Autocad and Visual to create programs relating to the programming of equipment
• Oversee the inventory of tooling for all machines, to include CNC machines.
• QA duties, to include paperwork, conducting W/C audits, giving first off piece releases, ISO internal audits, and releasing inventory from inspection
• Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
• Observes safety regulations and exhibits a concern for safety.
• Shows commitment to quality ethics and focuses on meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
• Manages time, skills and resources to produce maximum volume of work and reduction of errors.
• Written and oral communications are organized, clear, concise and accurate. Listens carefully. Keeps others appropriately informed.
• Demonstrates cooperative team effort within work group. Works effectively with other groups and departments. Demonstrates respect for others.
• Assesses and prioritizes work requirements; develops and executes plans in a timely manner and accepts advice and/or direction well.
• Possesses depth of knowledge and skills required, needs little or no supervision.
• Reviews manufacturing processes to determine compliance with engineering principles, Company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Possess initiative to take action, without specific direction, to originate and develop ideas; ability to see beyond immediate assignments in order to achieve results.
• Reviews inquiry specifications and prepare clarifications and exceptions..
• Keeps abreast of new developments in industry by reviewing current technical literature, seminars, trade shows, technical associations, etc.
• Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by management personnel.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
• Internal and external departments
• Metso management
• Under the direction of supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in engineering or related field with an emphasis in the manufacturing and industrial disciplines.
• Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience in developing labor standards, methods and process routings in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in computer skills using PC programs and systems including but not limited to MS Office, SAP,and VISUAL.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal relations and customer interaction with oral and written communication required.
• Must be able to consistently prioritize multiple tasks and function with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Working knowledge of CAD, CNC, tooling and/or welding experience desirable
• Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
• Be flexible and available to interact with customers as required
• Be self directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance, including long periods of standing during recruitment/job fairs. Movement through shops and field environments.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Visual acuity is required to read and produce accurate materials.
• Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax.
We offer a competitive benefits package and challenging work opportunities.
Metso is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies.
Metso - 23 months ago
Metso's beyond mezzo when it runs the scale of energy, mining, and paper. The heavy equipment company operates in several segments and...