Volcano Corporation is dedicated to developing breakthrough technologies that save people's lives and enhance their current quality of life! At Volcano you will find a pioneering and innovative spirit with a wide range of opportunities .
Without the exceptional professionals at Volcano Corporation , we simply could not fulfill our mission to improve the lives of patients worldwide.
Are you ready to improve healthcare? Are you ready to be a part of the company that is revolutionizing the medical device industry by finding innovative ways and using cutting edge technologies to increase patient safety, reduce risks and improve how healthcare is delivered? Our System Test Engineering team tackles this very challenge. As a Senior Test Engineer you will work with our team to ensure that our medical device products meet all requirements and their intended use. You will work through all phases of product development through production release and be part of the PDLC of a medical device.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and/or Participate in design reviews, SRS reviews, TSR reviews and systems requirement review to develop thorough test designs and test cases for complete test coverage
- Analyze requirements and confirm that requirements are actionable, measurable and testable
- Provide effort estimates for test documentation, test preparation and test reporting using estimation models
- Develop Master Verification plan and System Verification plan for multiple projects
- Employ established test strategy and tactics on assigned projects and ensure full execution of the strategy
- Create and execute smoke, functional, regression, system (E2E) and performance tests according to established verification plan in Agile test environment for SW, electrical, mechanical and packaging
- Review junior staff engineers test designs, test cases and test procedures for accuracy, efficacy and completeness
- Train junior staff engineers on testing practices and help them improve their overall product knowledge
- Report defects and assist developers in reproducing defects and assist in finding the cause to various defects.
- Define project entry, exist and release criteria to ensure quality targets are met.
- Define key progress indicators from testing perspective and provide regular test summary dashboard to all key stakeholders
- Create multi-dimensional traceability matrix report between test cases, requirements and defects
- Create automated test cases, custom functions and procedure to support automation framework
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in BME, EE, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Systems Engineering with 5+ years of experience electrical, mechanical, software, or signal processing aspects of system design; 2+ years' experience in systems engineering preferred in the medical device industry
- Experience with scientific computing applications
- Understanding of theories and principles of domain (preferably in a medical setting).Previous Experience in Medical Device Industry
- Understanding of QSR, ISO9001, 13485 and other international standards
SAMPLE PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Experience leading test team
- Medical instrument development and industry experience
- Ultrasound Experience
- Signal/Image processing experience
- Knowledge of embedded applications
- DICOM experience
- Familiar with a Requirements Management tool, e.g, CaliberRM
- Analog/Digital Electronics
- Demonstrate experience in leading test team
- Solid Experience in waterfall or iterative development and testing methodology
- Good experience in automated testing tools to support and assist the company testing efforts
- Understanding of test automation and performance testing methodologies
- Knowledge of relevant automation technology, tools and software's preferably Mercury Suites of products QuickTest Professional, LoadRunner, TestDirector) is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in order to meet established time frames and schedules.
- Assimilate techniques from scientific literature
- Develop intellectual property and support patenting process
- Familiarity with cardiology catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology
- Remain current in discipline and domain
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
- Prolonged sitting or standing required, up to 8+ hrs/day
Volcano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Volcano Corporation, to base all employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Volcano Corporation - 9 months ago
Volcano creates its own sound and light show to get your heart's blood flowing. The company develops, manufactures, and sells medical...