The State Accounting Office is looking for hands on individual to join the PeopleSoft Security team and provide Information Security expertise within the PeopleSoft application. The candidate will support security setup/change requests as well as upgrades of the products used to support the State of Georgia in the financial, human resource, payroll and information security arena. This position will work with the project management, business analyst, development, and system PeopleSoft teams to work together to implement solutions for the PeopleSoft application and implement local, state and federal security requirements for safeguarding state data and assets. Interaction with all levels of management both internally and across different state agencies will be needed in defining and implementing solutions to the statewide PeopleSoft Security policy and regulatory requirements. This position will be responsible to participate in and develop security plans for the applications, assets and data. Conducting risk assessments for the existing applications and assets will also be required. This position will report directly to the State Accounting Office Security Manager.
Key qualifications/ responsibilities:
Minimum Training & Experience: BachelorÂs degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, information assurance or a related field AND SIX years of information technology experience, two of which were in information security or information assurance.
- Utilize experience and expertise specific to security regulations: COBIT, NIST, ITIL, FISMA, etc.
- 3 to 5 years in a information security administration role
- Use experience with Excel Pivot Table
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - including presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail
- Time management skills/ Ability to plan and work effectively in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Experience in both logical and physical security
- Proficient in writing business and functional requirements as well as test scripts
- Experience in supporting complex ERP systems
- Evaluate the current / future PeopleSoft roles defined to ensure regulatory and business requirement compliance
- Assist leadership team in fostering and growing a team environment
- Identify and implement best practices for supporting PeopleSoft , meeting or exceeding SLOs for client deadlines
- Work with HelpDesk Manager to build out customer knowledge base to enable more assistance from Tier 1 support
- Work with Quality and Analytics Manager to ensure security policies, processes, and procedures are properly documented
- Work with partner agency in regards to Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity Plans and implementation of those plans
- Work with partner agency to ensure compliance of PeopleSoft to the regulatory and authority requirements related to security
- Participation in creating and implementing security monitoring plan to ensure access rights remain accurate for current and terminated users of the system
- Participation in creating security plans for application and assets and data • Document security policies and procedure for applications, assets and data
- Performing / participation in risk assessment
- Documenting /formulating plans to mitigate risk
- Completing annual security program report to define the existing plan and progress made
- Developing and performing security awareness training for the organization
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: • Prefer candidate to have experience with PeopleSoft application of FSCM, HCM and Portal, version 9.0 and higher and tools 8.5 and higher.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
- Experience in working with internal/ external auditors
- Understanding of segregation of duties as it relates to access granted and audit requirements
- Strong technical and analytical
- Prior state government experience is preferred
- Experience with QC testing tool is a plus
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact: *
- Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
Georgia Careers - 12 months ago