McGuireWoods is hiring a Senior Paralegal with a minimum of five years of FERC/Regulatory and Compliance experience for our Washington DC office.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs -- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com .
- Supervises the organization and oversees maintenance of voluminous document files, which may include research; case related and transactional documents; and materials produced in the discovery process.
- Performs complex factual research and investigation.
- Develops systems to track information and assists with document acquisition, organization, review and complex analysis.
- Compiles information from various sources, analyzes and clearly reports detailed findings using charts, statistics and other tools.
- Manages calendar, docket and tickler systems and assists in meeting filing/action deadlines.
- Proofreads legal documents and reviews documents for content.
- Summarizes testimony and lengthy legal or technical documents.
- Communicates with clients professionally over telephone and in person. Responds to client inquiries in attorneys absence. This position is expected to have regular client contact.
- Coordinates trial preparation or transactional closings.
- Drafts detailed correspondence and memoranda for attorneys as requested. Drafts complex legal documents for attorney review.
- Coordinates mailings, copying projects and courthouse filings, where appropriate.
- Utilizes computer databases to organize, store and access information; conducts specialized, complex research on LEXIS, Westlaw and other online computer assisted research databases.
- Often requires supervising less experienced Paralegals, document clerks or temporary employees.
- Assists with training and development of less experienced Paralegals and Associates.
- Attends internal and/or self-taught study classes and outside, practice-related CLE programs. Position requires commitment to professional development.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prefer four-year degree. Paralegal education may be beneficial. Requires a minimum of five years of paralegal experience, at least one of which must have been with McGuire Woods.
- Must have a minimum of five years of FERC/Regulatory and Compliance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex, analytical work assignments, specific to relevant practice area.
- Must have a record of consistently outstanding performance and strong productivity, which will be expected to continue. Position is reserved for FT Paralegals who accrue a minimum of 1600 billable hours.
- Demonstrates traits such as patience, tact, diplomacy, ability to work well under stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Willingly accepts and adapts to change and promotes to others.
- Ability to think clearly, respond positively, evaluate situations to determine appropriate action and act decisively under pressure.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong facility with personal computers required.
- Must be willing to work overtime and travel, when necessary.
Experience, Business Focus and Value
McGuireWoods has been a strong, well-respected and expanding firm for more than 175...