User Experience Architect, Commerce Innovation-13000611
Commerce Innovation is a new, product driven team dedicated to high profile initiatives that focus on modernizing the American Express Membership experience through breakthrough mobile and experiential products. The team culture is that if a startup within a Fortune 500 company, and is staffed with experts in product management, design, strategy and engineering.
The UX Architect will have the lead role in the design efforts of consumer-facing products by shaping product benefits into intuitive interaction models and compelling user interfaces. This position, within the UED team, will involve collaboration with team Creative Director and the VP of User Experience Design as well as working directly with product managers and engineers. The successful candidate will bring experience in developing mobile and web applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics. The ideal candidate has a portfolio that contains recent mobile/tablet based projects.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Developing highly accurate user flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes and detailed design specification for existing and new products.
- Designing innovative and effective interfaces.
- Participating in project definition activities. Working with product managers and team to define documentation scope.
- Initiating usability studies and surveys, setting objectives, running test sessions, interpreting results and reviewing findings with team members.
- Looking for areas of our products that need improvement and driving implementation of solutions.
- Persistence in advocating consistency and ease of use for our customers.
- 5+ years of information architecture and interaction design, with experience in designing mobile-based interfaces for consumers and businesses
- Ability to translate user research findings into design decisions
- Distilling and organizing large amounts of complex information into simple, useful, and usable application designs
- Creating detailed design specifications
- Applying modular and systematic approaches to user experience design
- Designing navigation, interaction and nomenclature systems
- Conducting heuristic analysis and assessments
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Visio, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, re-prioritize as necessary and deliver on time.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
- Understand business objectives and design applications that achieve them.
- Awareness of competitors’ best practices.
* Advanced Education in Interaction Design preferred
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 16 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...