We’re a global Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader serving thousands of the world’s top brands, while remaining a fun and fast-paced company that encourages passion and creativity on a daily basis. As we’ve grown, with offices from Sao Paulo, Brazil to San Francisco, Munich, Germany to Sydney, Australia, we’ve retained our small-company atmosphere where employees are encouraged to share ideas and make them realities. By partnering state-of-the-art technology and dedicated leadership with the best and brightest employees in the industry, ExactTarget fosters a culture of constant innovation and growth. Consistently ranked by employees as one of the “Best Places to Work,” we encourage you to find out what being “ORANGE” is all about!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The International Staff Accountant is a position responsible for assisting with the accounting close activities for international operations. This is a full-time, exempt position at ExactTarget’s corporate headquarters in downtown Indianapolis.
A successful International Staff Accountant at ExactTarget is flexible, interested in learning from others, and able to multi-task a variety of high priority tasks while adhering to tight deadlines. A successful candidate will view each assignment as a learning opportunity and approach the task with the intent to absorb knowledge and information. The position requires overtime, particularly during peak days of accounting close. The International Staff Accountant will work under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor. This position is based at ExactTarget headquarters in the historic Guaranty Building on downtown Indianapolis, Indiana’s bustling Monument Circle.
The International Staff Accountant will work closely with the Indianapolis-based accounting and finance team in addition to partnering with accounting professionals in other countries. The position will serve as U.S. liaison on international accounting matters. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that the financial statements of the international entities are prepared both timely and accurately. The position will be responsible for ensuring that journal entries are prepared accurately, reconciliations are prepared timely, accounting close responsibilities are completed as instructed and filings with various governmental authorities are timely and accurate. This position will ensure that financial information is prepared in accordance with US GAAP as well as compliant with local statutory requirements. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
• Recording, documenting and supporting journal entries;
• Assisting with the completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close;
• Uploading journal entries into Oracle general ledger;
• Working in and understanding multiple currencies and ensuring accuracy in conversion rates;
• Reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts for international entities;
• Identifying and suggesting opportunities to improve accounting process efficiencies within assigned areas of responsibility;
• Preparing and maintaining process documentation;
• Assisting with the preparation of audit requests;
• Performing other accounting analyses as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in accounting or related field and working knowledge of GAAP;
• Public accounting experience desired, but not required;
• 2-3 years of experience in performing the accounting close process with keen attention to detail;
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel;
• Ability to self-motivate, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both domestic and international personnel (no specific language requirements; however, exposure to foreign languages a plus);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Oracle experience desired.
ExactTarget.com - 18 months ago