Gate Safe Inc. has an immediate opening for a Specialist, Operations Administration at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, IL.
Gate Safe is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. and has a national team of professional, highly trained security staff serving 90 airlines at 35 airports across the nation. The majority of our team is dedicated to our core security business of airline catering and is rapidly expanding into new markets and other areas of airport security such as aircraft sweeps and cargo screening.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, the Specialist, Operations Administration will provide administrative support at the unit and regional levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Processes local and regional payroll at the direction of management.
- Answers phones
- Organizes and files catering flight paperwork, generates GSPS billing figures for management’s review and approval
- Maintains employee 5, 45 day review and 90, 180 day pay increase schedule in Outlook.
- Assists management with new hire orientation.
- Assists management with recurrent training scheduling and records update.
- Prepares Union Cards for management review and approval
- Prepares PAFs for management’s review and signature.
- Schedules applicant interviews and follows up with applicants as needed.
- Provides airline station personnel with monthly catering seal inventories.
- Updates employee schedules at direction of management
- Provides Photocopying, faxing, file and manual management
- Prepares employee uniform and shoe orders for management review and approval.
- Monitors inventory and prepares order of office supplies for management review and approval.
- Assists in SIDA and US Customs badging process
- Distributes weekly paychecks
- Other duties assigned by management including distributing employee work assignments as directed.
Work Experience :
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
Job Skills :
- 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a multi-state environment required.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) and Kronos is preferred.
- Experience in a union environment preferred
Communication Skills :
- Ability to plan & organize work schedules, establish workload priorities and perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of employee tax setup based on live/work jurisdictions.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheets and database query skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate and disclose data in an accurate manner
Environmental Requirements :
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Regularly sitting at a desk, using fingers to operate a computer key board, reaching for telephone or books with hands or arms, and talk or hear while on the phone or communicating with others.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, employment history verification (10 years listed, 5 years verified) and airport fingerprinting for SIDA badge clearance.
Gate Safe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Safe Inc. - 10 months ago