Operate studio cameras, equipment, teleprompter, and act as stage manager in a manner that provides KSL News Services and its viewers with a highly produced project from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Responsibilities need to be performed with minimal supervision and demonstrating initiative in all areas assigned. |
1. Responsible to run studio cameras, equipment, teleprompter and act as stage manager for News Services programs and other KSL productions as scheduled.
2. Performs specific studio technician assigned functions for News Services at a consistently high level of performance.
3. Responsible for insuring the highest quality production values in all work performed.
4. Responsible for setting up, cleaning and performing minor maintenance on sets and equipment in the news and production studios.
5. Demonstrates cooperation to create the best on-air product. Takes direction from the directors and/or producers to obtain the best results. Offers suggestions for improvement of newscasts.
6. Performs clerical functions as necessary.
7. Effectively interact with other members of the KSL group to accomplish group objectives.
8. Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
9. Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
10. Able to manage stress effectively.
11. Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with other members of the crew, department, management, and clients.
12. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
13. Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate, related field or equivalent.
Proven ability to work rapidly and effectively under pressure. Able to be organized, able to meet job deadlines and be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively perform with minimum supervision.
Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including rotating days and nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Schedules will be arranged according to the needs of the company. Able to be DEPENDABLE on a part-time schedule. Willing to work additional hours as needed.
Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Work effectively in a team environment.
Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
Prefer a minimum of one-year previous on-air commercial television studio production experience or equivalent. Experience to include studio camera operation and teleprompter. Applicant may be required to demonstrate the skills necessary to perform the functions of this position.
Prefer someone with basic computer skills.
Good vision, able to display creative abilities in studio camera composition as well as in other assigned production activities.
Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs. of heavy studio production equipment as needed.
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
Bonneville International Corp/KSL Broadcast Group - 8 months ago